Are you looking for the success story of HAS ONE HAD LIFTED THEIR HOUSE TO PREVENT IT FROM FLOODING? Then keep reading this article for complete detail. FLOODING is a natural phenomenon. No one knows how and when it happens. Moreover, it leads to many destruction activities.
A flood is an overflow of water. That submerges the land. Floods can also occur in rivers when the flow rate exceeds the capacity of the river channel. Particularly at bends or meanders in the waterway. Floods often cause damage to homes and businesses if they are in the natural flood plains of rivers.
These days with the advancements in technology and equipment. Now people opt for a method of HOUSE LIFTING DURING FLOODING. Because it prevents the entry of floodwater in their houses at the time of the flood in their area. So if flood also comes in your area. Then to know how much it will cost you for house lifting contact Chennai best house lifting services provider. No matter wherever you are living. We provide house lifting services all over India.
HOW TO PREVENT YOUR HOUSE FROM FLOODING:
- Raise your home on stilts or piers. While expensive to construct. Raising your house on stilts will raise your house’s flood level. Since even a significant amount of floodwater can lead to significant damage. Raising your home above the flood level will eventually protect your home.
- Install foundation vents or a sump pump. Foundation vents, a form of “wet flood-proofing,” allow floodwater to flow through your home. Rather than pool around it. This both provides an outlet for flood water. And relieves the significant pressure. That floodwater can put on your walls and basement windows. Sump pumps are frequently used to pump water out of basements where flooding happens regularly. We recommend purchasing a sump pump with a battery backup. So that you can still use it. when the power goes out.
- Apply coatings and sealants. A form of “dry flood-proofing,” coatings and sealants. That you apply to your foundation, walls, windows, and doorways will help prevent floodwater from leaking into your house through cracks.
- Raise your electrical outlets and switches. All outlets, switches, sockets, and circuit breakers should be at least one foot above flood level in order to prevent significant electrical damage in the case of a flood.
- Install check valves on your pipes. Make sure that all pipes entering your house have valves to prevent a flooded sewage system from backing up into your home. Gate valves are preferred over flap valves since they provide a better seal against flood pressure.
- Grade your lawn away from the house. If your lawn tilts toward your house. Then rainwater will pool around your home. Use a heavy soil that contains clay content and sand to adjust the- regrade your lawn. So that surface runoff empties into a more appropriate place, such as a street gutter.
- Make space between your mulch and siding. Wet mulch can rot your house’s siding. Which in turn can lead to leaks? Keep a space between your mulch and siding so that the base of your house can completely dry after rainstorms.
- Point your downspouts away from your home. If your sewerage runoff is not pointed away from your house. And in an appropriate direction. It will pull at the corners of your house and may eventually create leaks in your basement.
These measures to cop up with flood are for those people who are going to build a house in an area where flood usually comes. But if you are living in an area prone to a flood then the only solution is lifting your house. So contact right now to the top house lifting services provider of Kerala.
HOW MUCH COST IS NEEDED IN HOUSE LIFTING:
Overall, you can expect to spend a large number of dollars in its construction. We will touch on this in a second, but the wide range is due to the numerous factors that affect the final price. For example house size and foundation status.
The southern region is very close to the ocean. There are more chances of flooding. And other natural calamities. Its one most common and recent example is CHENNAI. It suffers from heavy flooding in the year 2015 in November and December.
FAMILIES DECISION FOR HOUSE LIFTING DURING FLOODING:
After the ruinous floods last year, families in low-lying areas are raising their houses and buildings. Since residents do not have control over the rate at which the roads are carpeted. They have been looking at ways to increase the height of their floors. It is here that the possibility of getting specialist engineers to raise their homes has attracted the attention of the residents. And many families have opted for this method. Especially in the low-lying parts of the city.
WHAT TECHNIQUE IS INVOLVED IN HOUSE ELEVATION:
How is it done?
Elevating a house is a slow and tedious process. The entire house, including pillars and piers, has to be lifted evenly. Various firms use different technologies. An architectural design and development plan is chalked out to determine the expense, required time for elevation, and the final product.
I hope all your doubts are clear. Related to house lifting in Hyderabad. If you have any further queries. Please contact us on the given number. We will be really happy to assist you. So give us a call today. Looking forward to hearing from you soon and your query related to Building lifting.